How to Ride and Use City BusesFixed-route buses and city loop buses (Loople Sendai) are boarded in the middle and exited from the front, and fares are paid when getting off.
icsca (commuter passes and prepaid value) Holders
・When boarding the bus, touch your icsca over the card reader at the right side of the door.
・When getting off the bus, touch your icsca over the IC reader near the driver's seat to pay.
・If you go past your icsca commuter pass destination, you can pay the remaining fare by touching with your icsca and using your pre-charged money.
・When the remaining balance on the icsca card runs down, you can charge your icsca onboard the bus. Please ask the driver to charge your card, but be careful because change is not available.
Holders of Cash or One-day City Bus Pass
・When boarding the bus, take a numbered ticket from the ticket dispenser on the right side of the door.
・When exiting the bus and paying your fare in cash, check the number on your numbered ticket and prepare the fare amount that is shown for that number on the display at the front of the bus.
・First insert the numbered ticket into the fare box, then pay the amount that is shown on the screen. No change can be given, so please obtain small coins from the change machine at the front of the bus. You can only change 1,000 yen bills in the change machine.
・If you are getting off the bus and you have a One-day City Bus Pass, insert your numbered ticket into the fare box and show your day pass to the driver.
When Boarding the Bus
When Getting off the Bus
When Changing Money
- Only coins and 1,000 yen paper bills can be changed in the change machine.
Please make change for 2,000 yen, 5,000 yen, or 10,000 yen notes before boarding the bus.
- Wheelchair users can use city buses without getting out of their wheelchair.
Boarding a Bus with a Stroller
Except during crowded times, you can keep your child seated in the stroller without folding it when riding a city bus. Please use your stroller after carefully reading the following rules and warnings.
- When boarding and getting off the bus, please fold the stroller for your safety.
※Non-step buses: You don't have to fold up the stroller when boarding and getting off the bus.
- Onboard the bus, open up the stroller, fasten the seatbelt over your child and lock the wheels with the stroller facing backwards. You should also use one of the stroller belts attached to the bus seat to keep the stroller still. Please keep a firm grasp on the stroller at all times when the bus is moving.
- Fasten the stroller's seatbelt over your child and lock the wheels.
- Ensure that the stroller will not move.
- Please keep a firm grasp on the handles at all times when the bus is moving.
- The belt to attach strollers can be found beside the specified bus seats.
- The stroller belt is an supplementary item. For your child's safety, please keep a firm grasp on the stroller at all times while the bus is moving.
- In the following cases, you may be asked to fold your stroller:
・During the morning and evening rush hours (including work and school commuting times) and other crowded times
・When using a two-seater or other large size stroller that cannot turn around inside the bus
・When another stroller user or wheelchair user is onboard and the stroller belt is not available
- Please ask the driver if you don't know how to attach the stroller belt to your stroller.
- Buses are usually equipped with two stroller belts, however, there is only one belt on some bus types.